AUTOMATION WHAT’S NEXT?
A region in Sweden, unique for its industrial and
A strong manufacturing industry region on the top of the
global lists that rank cost-effective production.
This is achieved through stimulating a continuous strive for
advanced robotics and reconfigurable systems, long experience and a strong know-how in sectors such as metals, wood and polymer. Collaboration, oh well, a bit of an envy spirit too, is ensuring a business-friendly environment.
Entering a new phase of an emerging, data-driven Industrial Age, vast opportunities for innovation act as a driver for economic development.
A process involving companies, teaching, research institutions and government at multiple levels.
A future that also presents some threats.
And as a part of Sweden’s Smart Industry strategy, the cluster of Automation Småland has been launched to meet this challenge.
AUTOMATION SMÅLAND IS A STRATEGIC
COLLABORATION INITIATIVE TO
- strengthen the region’s capacity for change and competitiveness
- attract and retain talent
- facilitate higher innovativeness
- promote new business models
- assemble market intelligence
- lobby government for infrastructure
- improve regulatory policy
- establish technical standards
- building an automation community to foster academic and business networks
WE KNOW AUTOMATION. THAT MAKES US SMART. TOGETHER WE ARE SMARTER.
Phone +46 73 657 24 11
Anna Öhrwall Rönnbäck
Cluster Coordinator, researcher
LTU phone +46920493262 (sms: +46722134702) and LiU